• Breaking News

    Wednesday, September 2, 2020

    Silent Hill Redditor trying to decide what to make their next meme about on r/SilentHill

    Silent Hill Redditor trying to decide what to make their next meme about on r/SilentHill


    Redditor trying to decide what to make their next meme about on r/SilentHill

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 10:58 AM PDT

    I got a text. The name on the notification said ‘Mary’. My wife’s name...

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 02:54 PM PDT

    "have you gone nuts" scene if james was english

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 06:59 AM PDT

    It’s been almost 20 years, and the video tape scene from Silent Hill 2 is still one of the most chilling and emotional moments in video game history.

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 08:06 AM PDT

    Here’s my two Silent Hill necklaces I got 5 years ago on Etsy. The one you might recognize as Heather’s pendant with the aglaophotis inside!

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 05:27 PM PDT

    It’s not easy being triangular (artist - @crabdominalpain on twitter)

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 10:38 AM PDT

    Team silent seconds befor a great idea.

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 12:21 PM PDT

    Attempted drawing Harry Mason at 3am

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 09:58 AM PDT

    Anyone interested in a new Silent Hill short fan film? #SilentHill : Road of Guilt

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 11:55 AM PDT

    Today I dreamed with pyramid head with googly eyes and it was weird. Drew this after waking up from a nap

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 07:40 PM PDT

    Silent hill possibly???... hoping

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 07:34 AM PDT

    Silent Hill was my inspiration to start game dev

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 03:30 AM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    I would like to share my Indie Horror Game set in the Philippines with the mix of Filipino Culture and Lovecraftian Themes. Game Mechanics are a mix of old Resident Evil games and Metro Series. And especially the atmosphere of Silent Hill.

    I started this game back when P.T. was removed I just wanted to share a game with Silent Hill vibes to atleast liven up the Silent Hill community on not stopping to hope that one day we will have a new Silent Hill game made by those who knows and loves the series.

    The game is currently on pre alpha as I've been building this on a very old laptop with only basic skills on programming.

    You can try it out at itch.io. I would love to recieve some critique so I know what to improve on my game and myself.

    Beyond Hadal

    submitted by /u/Zaxs_Reaper
    [link] [comments]

    Any other music similar to Akira Yamaoka's SH soundtracks?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 03:36 AM PDT

    I really love the atmosphere of the music and was wondering if there's any other music I should check out for something similar? I'm looking for tracks to add into this melancholic spotify playlist, I've got my fave tracks from SH2/3 and shattered memories in there already.

    submitted by /u/OuterShpongolia
    [link] [comments]

    Silent Hill 2: Judgement #2

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 11:15 AM PDT

    Have you seen my daughter?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 08:23 PM PDT

    What song plays during the videotape scene in silent hill 2

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 05:20 AM PDT

    I just got to that part last night and I thought the music was awesome so im trying to find it

    submitted by /u/MorbidBoltThrower
    [link] [comments]

    Dead by Daylight Silent Hill is getting a physical edition in Japan, around the same time the next Gen consoles come out.

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 07:07 AM PDT

    Playing Silent Hill HD collection the first time what did you guys choose?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 09:42 AM PDT

    Silent Hill Origins toughts

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 12:56 PM PDT

    https://preview.redd.it/k766sxuqbsk51.jpg?width=638&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=28dff1b31f3ee49b8580f470405f336fad2ffd3a

    It was the first SH that I played wich was not from Team Silent. It took a lot of things from 1-3 and managed it to keep up the classic SH feeling, but it failed in introducing something new and also lacks in the Atmosphere and meaning wich the titles before had.

    Spoilers Ahead!

    PROS

    Soundtrack:

    The Ost of this game is great and I love it that we hear during the game much more soundtracks and ambient music. Akira yamaoka did a very great job and made it unique.

    Level-Design:

    I really enjoyed the locations we see in Origins. They where good designed and the puzzle solving was fun. They also managed it to give them a creepy feeling as we seen before. Also everyone of them had an interesting story and logs in it.

    Otherworld:

    I know that many people didnt like the switching with mirrors when ever you want and that it hurt the immersion of surprisingly getting throw in the otherworld. But for me it added a new level of creepiness. Because knowing that you need to enter this nightmare order to progress really scared me. Especially the big mirror in the theater when I already know that something evil waits behind for me...

    CONS:

    Story:

    For me it totally fails in catching up and connect with SH1 Story. It also screw up a lot of the Horror and Mystery that SH1 has established. I was so excited to meet Lisa/Dahlia/Kaufmann again but they were so poorly done. But what annoyed me the most was how it tried to "explain" the events that lead up to SH1 story because it didn't make many sense.

    Maybe it would have been better if it would have just focused on Travis and his story with his parents. This had many potential wasn't explored that much in the game, also Travis had zero character development during the entire game and its events.

    Battle System:

    The breakable weapons where an interesting idea but seeing how easy the broke and that tons of them lay around in the town like garbage made them very uninteresting and annoying. It also didnt add something new and the controls weren't that great.

    Psychological Horror and Meaning:

    The special touch and atmosphere the 4 Games from Team Silent had are really missing from this game. It has great monster and world design but that's it. It only take already established and know things prior from the franchise but didn't made it to get deeper in that or create their own meaning of these things. But that's some of the important thing of the Series!

    Conclusion

    Its a very solid game and I enjoyed it, would say that it bring up the classic Silent Hill feeling. But it made me wonder did we really need an prequel to 1? The First Title already explained everything and was self-explanatory. I also think that Origins played it to safe and should have be more brave and tried out new things.

    What are your Opinions on SH Origins? And how would you compare it with the other 4 Titels from Team Silent or the ones made by western developers?

    submitted by /u/JKAC2013
    [link] [comments]

    Silent Hill 4: The Room on PC?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 01:39 PM PDT

    I'm looking to play SH4 on PC but found these disk prices insane!

    Is there a way to play SH4 on PC via emulator or something like that? I have an MSi with the following specs:

    • 9th Gen. Intel Core i7-9750H
    • NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1660Ti
    • System Memory: 16GB Memory DDR4
    • Video Memory: 6 GB GDDR6
    • 512GB SSD
    submitted by /u/ArtTheBars
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible Grave was a Silent Hill-inspired game?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 09:52 AM PDT

    I mean the fact it takes place in a Ghost Town, has weird phenomena and when reaching nighttime, gets creatures coming at you makes me think this was sort of like Silent Hill. However this game strangely got cancelled and not improved so it's hard to say if it was legit going to be a Silent Hill-like game or not, I still think it was inspired.

    submitted by /u/WildSangrita
    [link] [comments]

    The Axis of Perdition - Deleted Scenes from the Transition Hospital (Industrial Black Metal / Dark Ambient intensively inspired by Silent Hill. Very different from Yamaoka's work, but I find it incredibly fitting given the setting.)

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 09:28 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment