• Breaking News

    Friday, October 9, 2020

    Silent Hill From the AC subreddit

    Silent Hill From the AC subreddit


    From the AC subreddit

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 11:33 AM PDT

    Hey there, new to this sub and drew Heather for spooki month!

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 08:02 AM PDT

    My beautiful Bubble head nurse. Pictures don't do it justice.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 11:57 AM PDT

    The first game I played, and while really fun it annoyed me at times.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 03:55 PM PDT

    I knew Ashley looked mad familiar artist:lucetruce

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 09:20 AM PDT

    my drawing of heather :)

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 05:12 PM PDT

    Now with widescreen in SH4, this hidden giant cecropia moth can be easily spotted.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 05:22 PM PDT

    They way things are. And no PS5 SH...

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 04:38 PM PDT

    Closer from Silent Hill 3

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 09:48 AM PDT

    Finally got the original on eBay. Gonna spend the whole weekend playing it!

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 11:06 AM PDT

    Mark Pingitore one of the coolest series he did. This is Silent Hillel. Probably one of the dopest mashups I’ve ever seen. Lol.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 09:27 AM PDT

    Hmmmmm..

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 01:38 PM PDT

    [OC] Tried to design a lil Silent Hill nurse pin-up tattoo. ����

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 06:22 AM PDT

    IS THAT A TWIN VICTIM??!!!

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 07:29 PM PDT

    I'm almost done with my dumb Homecoming overhaul mod. Would anyone be interested?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 05:42 PM PDT

    I'm one of the weirdos who likes aspects of Homecoming & Downpour. I really wanted to work on Downpour but there's neither stable ports nor stable emulations so I've been working on a Homecoming mod since covid left China and kept me working at home. Anyway I've been working for the last 5 months on this project but I kinda lost inspiration. I'm wondering if this would even be desirable.

    Graphics: 1. I've updated some textures using AI tools on main character models and some backgrounds. I kept most backgrounds except I spent more than 3 weeks playing around with the sewer level. There's graffiti and some references to 4 now.
    2. I replaced the Judge Holloway model with my own creation since her model IMO is really poorly done especially compared to Officer Wheeler.
    3. I changed the Nurses' uniforms to reflect being military nurses.
    4. WIP: Some of the feral dogs will have K-9 tags and 'armor' to represent military & police dogs to make the ties with Alex more clear.

    Gameplay: 1. WIP. Alex's dodges can't be performed synchronously. There's a "cool down" of 3 seconds so you have a more realistic combat ability that still respects the character's agility.
    2. The Smog are much faster. I found them too easy in the game once you discover their weaknesses. Now you have a larger incentive to run in open areas.
    3. Being hit by a Lurker now does 2x normal damage to balance out the knife attacks. Siam's and some nurses are now the only normal enemies that cause more damage.
    4. I slowed down the normal knife's attack speed. I've left the Ceremonial Dagger alone because it being OP makes sense in my mind.

    Audio 1. The Siam's female side is supposed to be weaker but I wanted to showcase this duality so if you attack from the back it makes a female 'orgasm' sound.
    2. I've updated the newer guns' audio quality so they sound more realistic.
    3. During the Otherworld transitions I've spliced in the sound of gunfire and shells to coincide with the air sirens

    Story and Setting. 1. WIP: In Shepherd's Glenn I'm currently working on some optional areas that provide additional ammo (common complaint) & some new notes to give the town a more thoroughly realistic feel.
    2. WIP (almost done) I've edited the scene with Alex's dad so the dumb 'reveal' that he's not really a military man goes away. I think the other reveals were hurt by this. Unfortunately I'm having to work on some decompression artifacts which is annoying.
    3. I elimimated the 'Hostel' scene. You find the judge dead after saving her. I've created a new note that explains the town cult members are trying to kill everyone from the original families in a desperate attempt to stop the nightmare. What do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/Redqueen1990
    [link] [comments]

    SH themed ACNH content?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 04:07 PM PDT

    Ive found very little custom content for animal crossing and I was wondering if you guys might have some? I'm trying to make a SH themed island and any help would be much appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Emeraldthefox
    [link] [comments]

    No new silent hill coming to GoG today

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 07:03 AM PDT

    I made this composition, what are your thoughts?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 11:51 AM PDT

    Silent hill 4 gog port

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 06:28 PM PDT

    How is the game on gog? Stability wise and any update lately?

    submitted by /u/Rongusta95
    [link] [comments]

    Gift

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 01:31 PM PDT

    So I'm getting my friend/spouse/person whatever you wanna call them some Japan imports of the SH 2 (their favorite), SH3, and SH 4 and I was wondering if the Konami Palace Selection version of them is rare since its like $350. The reason im being so secretive is because they browse this reddit frequently. I dont know anything about rarity and was hoping you guys might know what to get. Im buying off Amazon because I trust it more than Ebay. Can anybody tell me if its really worth that much. Im trying to get as rare and new looking copies as possible without dropping more than $700

    submitted by /u/RestlessKonamiDreams
    [link] [comments]

    Opinon on each of the Silent Hill comics?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 01:13 PM PDT

    A deep analysis of Silent Hill 4 GOG port

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 08:25 PM PDT

    I've played almost every version of this game, and couldn't avoid spending money so I could finish this game...again. Since I haven't seen many people talking about this, I'll try to help anyone who thinks about buying it, but is unsure. I'll be discussing only the quality of the port itself here, so I can get very deep into technical stuff. If you don't want to read so much, just skip to the last paragraph, "Overall".

    -----------------------------------------------------------------

    Graphics/Visuals: Probably the most important part. First of all, it runs at 30FPS. The game supports widescreen and higher resolutions now (1080p, 2k, 4k), but even on 4k the game was showing some aliasing for me. That's when I found out there is a "dxcgf" file in game's folder with some extra options, such as V-sync, antialiasing, antisotropic filtering, window mode (yes, now the game supports window mode as well), and others. I'm not sure why such important things were this hidden, but if you're planning to buy it **don't forget to access dxcfg file and turn on antialising,** this will make your game looks a lot better. So, considering you turned antialiasing on, the graphics are very, veery smooth. The colors seem more vivid and better. Real-time shadows still looks weird. Remember this is a PS2 game, and when you play it at a higher resolution, you can spot imperfections very easily. It isn't a big problem, expect for the 1st person parts; having a camera so close to objects makes you see tons of bad textures, and by looking at the apartment windows, you will see a lot of ultra-HD ps1 characters and objects. The menus and HUD are weird, you have low resolution icons, letters are not in full HD, menus are stretched to fit the screen (even in widescreen modes) and whenever you pause/examine something, everything goes pixelated on the back. Overall, it has some issues, but it still, it's the best looking version of SH4 i've ever played.

    Controllers: SH4 is one of the few games I enjoy playing on both M+K and controller. It runs just fine in M+K, and as for controllers, not so much. I connected my Dualshock 4, and without using any plugins, the game recognized it. The buttons were messed up, but you can configure this (GOG has an very useful button layout recommendation), and every input was working. Then I tried using a xbox one controller, and the right stick didn't work. I didn't really try to fix it, but in GOG SH4 discussions, I've read that installing Xinput plus solves xbox controller issues. It's not very pratical, but if you run into issues, they can be solved. You can get some help with troubleshooting here.

    Bugs/Fixes: Is reported that some post-processing effects that were cut in 2004 version are now here. The custcenes no longer runs at 15fps, they run at 30. Bugs/crashes of the original release are gone. This version is really stable, runs just fine, i haven't seen any major artifact until now. No crashes until now as well. It will run on modern PCs, no compatibilty issues anymore. The 6 hauntings missing in the original release seem to be missing here as well, there are reports of seeing some of the missing hauntings, but so far, I didn't see any of them. I'll update this if I see anything, but it's still very unclear amoung the community.

    -----------------------------------------------------------------

    Overall: It's an inexpensive port. If you don't have the patience to read everything i've wrote, i could summarize everything in one word: fair. It's a fair game, it isn't a big remastered version, it came pretty quietly, at a relatively low price, it fixes most of the issues, it runs well, it runs smoothly. I think they could've added a 60 fps option, and fixed some of the menu issues, but even without these fixes it looks pretty nice for me. It's very new, so the community seems to be deciding if this is better than PCSX2 version. For me, it's my new favorite way of playing it. It's very convenient, it looks better, it has cloud save, it's completely legal, it has mouse+keyboard (which I slightly prefer), and I can avoid emulators. I bought it cheap, and I'm having a great time revisiting this game. And buying this also raises our chances of getting more releases of old Konami games (or even *gasp* new ones!). So, I recommend this, as a chance to replay a great game, or having a whole new creepy experience that you probably won't forget.

    submitted by /u/Namagem_Light
    [link] [comments]

    Silent Hill 3 with PC Fix by Steam006 - Sound Skipping Issue

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 03:46 PM PDT

    I had used another widescreen hack, which sounded great but had rather extreme fluctuating FPS. Now I've switched to the PC Fix by Steam006 and the FPS issue is fixed, only to be replaced by skipping sound whenever the screen gets busy. It's unplayable like this, considering how important sound design is in this series. I recorded it so you can hear just what I'm talking about:

    https://youtu.be/rPL2dsVUou0?t=56

    That link should send you to about 56 seconds (turn it up; I had the volume low). The problem starts a second after that. Does anyone have a solution or tips to get it working? I've tried enabling or disabling a bunch of different options in the .ini, but nothing helps. Thanks for taking the time :)

    submitted by /u/Wveth
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment