• Breaking News

    Sunday, November 17, 2019

    Silent Hill My Pyramid Head Cosplay!

    Silent Hill My Pyramid Head Cosplay!


    My Pyramid Head Cosplay!

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 01:10 PM PST

    Silent hill 2 is one of the most beautiful games ever made. As a tribute im a doing a 30 day photoshoot of my journey into madness....DAY #25

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 03:55 AM PST

    Found this on facebook

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 03:38 PM PST

    Came in last night and found this on the other side of the door. Turns out, James and Mary's special place was actually the Super 8 in Blue Earth, MN.

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 08:29 AM PST

    Debate: what is the Otherworld? How do beasts manifest?

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 05:59 PM PST

    For the longest time I believed the Otherworld was like a parallel dimension that slipped in and out of our own because the Cult did not properly employ the town's mystical powers.

    The backstory from 2-4 heavily imply that the religion around Toluca Lake was first initiated by Native Americans and then Christians came to reinterpret and mix the local mysticism with Abrahamic symbols and Anglocentric terms. That's why so many people in the series draw parallels between the Otherworld and hell/heaven. Downpour even suggests it's a purgatory plane.

    But I feel like the non-Japanese movies and games are mixing up the confusion of American characters with what is actually going on. I believe it's better to think of Otherworld as corruption. Alessa was tortured for a decade and that inspired her to view the world as cold, mechanical, bloody, etc. Her mind is painting over reality. Then that infection is partially split from her in Silent Hill. Heather still carries Alessa's pain and memories deep inside her so the 'infection' is able to take over Ashfield. It's not until the half-aborted god is removed from her body that she no longer carries that infection.

    Silent Hill 4 is the hardest puzzle piece to connect to this infection model. It seems like Walter's otherworld selectively brings people into a separate reality. I've always believed that people in Silent Hill dont see the same monster in 2 different ways. Their hells are just all being expressed. Why could James see the Father Boss or all the bodies Eddie killed? Why wasn't Harry interacting with his own personal demons? Perhaps Lisa's innocence scrubs away the infection. The common belief around here is that if she and James were standing in the same room, James could see monsters but she wouldn't. But could it be her presence as true innocence actually clears away the Otherworld? We only see her in the fog reality.

    submitted by /u/theBTMANIAC90
    [link] [comments]

    What is your favorite Silent Hill song?

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 01:03 PM PST

    Mine is probably Alone in the Town from SH2. Relaxing beat and blissful melody combined into a simple yet gorgeous piece. No matter the situation, hearing this track's through good headphones always disconnects me from the outside world... and it's a breeze to listen to regardless of mood, on top of that! If the soothing, ethereal aspects of Silent Hill could be translated into one song, I think this would be it.

    What about you?

    submitted by /u/Mergo99
    [link] [comments]

    Silent Hill Comedic Podcast

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 06:51 PM PST

    Death Stranding/Silent Hills

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 04:49 PM PST

    Ok I think we all know by now that Death Stranding is not Silent Hills at all. However, after the release of Death Stranding, looking back at the old trailers for Silent Hills I still see a lot of connections and references. I'm thinking that the entire concept of Death Stranding was actually going to be more or less the same story/premise of Silent Hills. What do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/salanitrisalad
    [link] [comments]

    just rewatched the silent hill movie for the first time in years

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 02:53 PM PST

    It's still so good!

    About to watch Revelation even though I remember that not being as good - I just need a Silent Hill fix. shame there isn't any plans for new movies :/

    submitted by /u/moonpresence-
    [link] [comments]

    Unpopular Opinion: Silent Hill Origins has the same level of scares that Silent Hill 3 has.

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 02:42 PM PST

    1-3 Reflection

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 02:05 PM PST

    I finished SH3 after SH1 and SH2, and I might have some questions and thoughts about lore and the games.

    SH2: This one was my favorite of the three. I'm only slightly looking forward to starting 4, slightly because the game sounds stressful. Excited to meet Walter Sullivan and have the slightest bit of a throwback to my favorite in the series. Angela's character really spoke to me. I find things get confusing when trying to answer deeper questions about like "what does this character see when they look at x and y", or "what layer of the other world was this scene taking place in". A lot of what I like in Silent Hill is the concept of impossible space. In SH2, the whole, yeah, we're so many miles beneath the surface and beneath Toluca Lake, but sure, we're in a fuckin Civil War era prison. I find shit like that cool. I like the game for the same reason anyone else does, I don't think I need to restate all of the praise SH2 gets. The tone and the themes were just really intense and got a reaction out of me.Loved the themes of sexual trauma/frustration. Staircase scene fucked me up, and I've been thinking about it a few times a day lately. Is Pyramidhead the Red God of Silent Hill? How do y'all feel about that theory?

    SH1: Loved it. Only now after playing SH3 and reading more and understanding more, especially about Lisa's character do I really appreciate SH1 the most. The school gave me the biggest feeling of dread, probably because of how early on it was, and just, the transitions were great. The leopard growling noise repurposed for the dogs and for the music when you enter the clock tower to the Other World - nice. The musician in me was beaming at the sound design, but at the same time it was unsettling as all hell. I had to really think about the monsters in this game before understanding them. I played SH2 first, and I was accustomed to that symbolism that they carried. With SH1, it took until, maybe writing this post, to realize that maybe the Pterosaur like monsters could be something Alessa drew? I mean, I knew the monsters were symbolic of her psyche, but the flying fucks confused me a bit. The children/mumblers were childhood bullies, yeah. The Splithead was the dragon from the story, okay sure. Moth/larva was Alessa's obsession with moths, I dig it. Pterosaurs? There's probably something I'm missing. Question for yall: is the general consensus here that Lisa was kept alive by Alessa's memory / the magic of the town? And she faded away when she realized she was dead? Was it drug related, do you think? Either way, draws an interesting parallel with Maria. You have Lisa, who had a life before the game, 23 years iirc, and then was suspended magically and kept alive, until she withered away. Then you have Maria, who isn't a CONVENTIONAL human, but is a real person with feelings and opinions, who was self aware enough to be miserable, and knew she needed something to fill the void of loneliness, not knowing it was James until he comes along.

    SH3: Overall, I don't think I can say this is my least favorite, but I can't say SH1 is either. Both had bits I liked. Some of the monster design here was great, some of it felt kinda eh to me. Graphics were fantastic, obviously. I felt Heather's character, while consistent to the lore, wasn't easy enough to connect to as the audience? I get it, I'm sure after three lifetimes of being used by a cult to rebirth a god, I'd get a sense of humor about it too, and be very desensitized. Its not that its inconsistent, its just, the joke about blondes having more fun at the end? I don't know, made the ending less impactful for me. Harry's death was wild though, and executed well. All three of these games really captured the "impossible terrain" feeling, like in this game it would've been, for instance, the Otherworld Church, the fleshy walls, the machinery, Valtiel. Speaking of Valtiel... Damn. I love the setup of every scene with him. The way he was used in the background really hecked me up. I think theres something to be said about a theme with him and the game - the male gaze. On the ladder, he's in a position to view up Heather's skirt. It's confirmed that behind the scenes, there is a model of him performing oral on, I believe, a nurse? Feels like a less aggressive and in-your-face Pyramidhead, which is cool. Could Valtiel be the Yellow God? What kind of parallels do yall draw from him to Pyramidhead, I wonder?

    Last question, as I go into Silent Hill IV: The Room, what tips do you have for me? Especially, what should I be looking out for in regards to lore and symbolism? Most importantly, does the ending credits contain the song Come on Eileen by Save Ferris? If not, I won't play it.

    submitted by /u/zoedegenerate
    [link] [comments]

    Hey, anyone know if the 3 silent hill games for Xbox 360 are any good? Really wanted to play silent hill 2, but I only have an Xbox one.

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 12:25 PM PST

    One click of a button and all of a sudden a blind demon can see?

    Posted: 16 Nov 2019 10:22 PM PST

    Environment damage (SH3)

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 07:31 AM PST

    I just had something happen to me in the game that I haven't seen before. Right after the train stops and you get out you enter a door that leads to the underpass. The environment changed to red and I started taking HP damage. Has anybody experienced this? Playing on hard difficulty btw.

    submitted by /u/Eno94
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment