• Breaking News

    Tuesday, November 19, 2019

    Silent Hill Silent Honk

    Silent Hill Silent Honk


    Silent Honk

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 05:00 AM PST

    So that's why so many doors are locked! Honk!

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 07:26 PM PST

    Just my pyramid head drawing. Love this series

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 03:05 PM PST

    Silent hill 2 is one of the most beautiful games ever made. As a tribute im a doing a 30 day photoshoot of my journey into madness....DAY #27

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 07:52 AM PST

    Our Relation with the Monsters of Silent Hill.

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 07:03 PM PST

    There's something so intangible about the monsters in Silent Hill, something so foreign yet so familiar in a fleshy disgusting body.

    The first "Monster" I ever encountered was a raw shock in Shattered Memories, they were disturbing fleshy sinew laced horrors but It really wasn't the same to me as the main series monstrosities. Don't get me wrong, I did like them a lot. They changed form with story, they busted through doors, hunted you down found you hiding in a locker and tore you out... and after they drain you of life they gently set you down and pat your head. such a cool detail I think.

    But my first monster in the Team Silent series was the closer in the amusement park.. my first response was more than just horror, it was a confusion, something beyond anything I was used to forcing me to grasp what was before me. I believe my exact response was "What in the Goddamn HELL is that? And for the first time in a long time I didn't feel like fighting in a video game, I felt like running.

    Do you remember your first SH monster?

    submitted by /u/Skumocomics
    [link] [comments]

    If you had to play one SH game

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 11:21 AM PST

    For the rest of your life, which one would it be? (HD Collection doesn't count)

    submitted by /u/ruderuderudi
    [link] [comments]

    Silent Hill 2 is basically a retelling of...

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 01:19 PM PST

    Spoilers ahead of the movie Lost Highway... I fully recommend this movie if you love Silent Hill, specially the SH2.

    (also sorry about my english, I´m still learning)

    So I´ve just watched for the second time the movie Lost Highway, directed by the surrelism master David Lynch. After enjoying this gem which I recommend a lot, and fully comprehending it (I hope so), I recalled that the story of the movie is kinda familiar to me, and then I realized: Silent Hill 2 has a lot, a LOT in common with this movie.

    I knew that Lynch served as a big influence on the Silent Hill saga (I´m replaying Silent Hill 1 while rewatching Twin Peaks and they have a lot of similarities: strange town, dark secrets, magic and mysticism, drugs, evil spirits...) but this one is next level, is basically a retelling of the same story IMO (and in a good way, it´s definitely not plagiarism).

    I dont know if someone made already a post about this so sorry in advance. I´m going to point all the common things between these two masterpieces (I might miss some so free to correct me):

    - Both protagonist had wives who,before their deaths, were sexually inactive.

    - Both protagonist were depressedd and conflictive because of the previous point.

    - Both protagonist killed their wives for similar causes.

    - Both protagonist couldn´t endure their crimes,

    - Both protagonist created an illusional world and fictional story to escape from their guilt and sin. (Although the James illusional world is manifested in a real town)

    - The illusional world is made up with elements of the psycology of protagonist minds, with things that allude to the murder, the deppresion or the idealization.

    - Both creates an ideallization in the illusional world of their respective wives as they wanted to be: attractive and sexually active.

    - In the illusional world, both protagonist confronts their subconsciousness: their true self who couldn´t bear more the "failed" escape" from the guiltiness, and as a psychological mechanism, tries to made the consciousness remember the crimes and the sin committed.

    - Both subconsciousness uses psychological mechanisms to "wake" the consciousness from the illusional world: In SH2 we have a lot of things in the town that tries to made James remember his crime, but most importantly is the VHS tape vide where James finally realized what he has done. This is a very common point, in Lost Highway the protagonist receive three VHS video tapes and the last one reveal his crime. This, along with their wives problems, is the most obvious point.

    I´ll try to continue later if I recall other things in common, I repeat, sorry for my english and thanks for reading, have a good day guys.

    submitted by /u/ivantheragingbull
    [link] [comments]

    (tribute) Silent Hill - Intro

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 10:02 AM PST

    Has anybody here played Song of Horror on Steam? Overt Silent Hill references

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 09:33 PM PST

    The game is awesome by the way - great gameplay, slow-build atmosphere, ominous sound design, visuals and fixed camera angles. I'm onto episode 2, and they have literally name-dropped Walter Sullivan, Joseph Schreiber, and Heather Mason, as well as finding a postcard for Toluca Lake. Has anyone else here checked this game out? I can't recommend highly enough if you are a fan of the first 4 Silent Hill games/REmake & RE Zero. The puzzles are great, as well.

    submitted by /u/skunkwulf
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment