• Breaking News

    Wednesday, February 19, 2020

    Silent Hill A true classic never goes out of still. Silent Hill 3 still looks and plays very well 17 years later. A true underrated masterpiece. Thats also what the HD collection should have looked like.

    Silent Hill A true classic never goes out of still. Silent Hill 3 still looks and plays very well 17 years later. A true underrated masterpiece. Thats also what the HD collection should have looked like.


    A true classic never goes out of still. Silent Hill 3 still looks and plays very well 17 years later. A true underrated masterpiece. Thats also what the HD collection should have looked like.

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 09:06 AM PST

    We meet again piano

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 04:50 PM PST

    Here’s some Silent Hill 3 art I made today.

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 11:39 AM PST

    We were bored and decided to play around with the original SH theme. What do you guys think? Still raw

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 03:31 AM PST

    Rewatched Silent Hill: Revelation

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 03:19 PM PST

    So we all know this film is terrible, but it's much worse than that. I rewatched it last night and nearly every element of this movie is hamfisted or slaps you in the face. This is hamfistedness is going to be the central theme of this bullet point rant. I'm going to start with the smaller things and end with the big problems.

    • Camerawork, lighting and stylisation - The movie really lets itself down in this department. The lighting itself should be almost a character in the film but everything is lit like a pop video with a "scary" theme. The camera work/cinematography is openly jarring in some cases. The scene where Heather comes out of the mall and is watching the detectives examine the PI's body feels like a test run at best. The stylisation is non-existent, I cannot think of any scene in this movie which made me feel really anything, to be honest. It's all vanilla as they come. As we all know the game has some great camera angles that really help build the intention and dread of the world. In all, there is no visual signature to this movie. It looks and feels like any throw-away movie.

    • Horror elements - The silent hill games and the first movie know how to build the tension of the world and its elements. We're often met with quiet periods that lead up to bigger moments like the coming of the darkness. This building of tension often pays off in a climax of horror and gore. Revelations decide that takes too long and puts it up to 11 out of nowhere. A random showing of a monster hobo and a flash in a hall then you're at the mall watching people get made into burgers. This is the Fast and the Furious of horror complete with stupid jump scares. I'm actually a fan of jump scares when they're earned. The second silent hill game has a great one with maze and pyramid head. This was built up with dread and fear over time to a sudden climatic moment then some real panic and terror. Also on top of this, you've got weird shit for the sake of weird shit. The new monster designs often feel like they were made by Kyle on a Monster binge while he listened to ICP. The monsters should feel haunting and wrong not like a Guy Ferrai flame shirt. The monsters are often reflections of the main characters own trauma or fears.

    • Story & themes - The main theme of the games to me is the trauma of all kinds. Where is Heather's trauma? She's on the run from the cult and never able to make any connections to anyone besides her father. Her isolation is never gone into in any detail other than her little speech during class. She never even talks (except in passing) or gets upset about the loss of her adopted mother. These elements should heavily play into her motivations and reactions in the movie but they're absent. Heather is only propelled forward by the McGuffin of her father. No internal struggles about her life or anything else. Also, there is the whole cult retcon which the director claimed wasn't a retcon but another cult? It's a retcon and lazy writing to adapt back to the source material. I think we'd all rather some consistent writing and logic than trying to tie-in with the game story.

    • What I would have done (story wise) - I would make the story something along the lines of Heather and her Dad living their lives out somewhat normally. Heather has trouble making connections to anyone any other than her father lives in isolation. They discover people are being drawn to silent hill and going missing. In ongoing therapy she's upset and frustrated with the lack of progress she's making and thinks she will never be "whole/real" person again. Her therapist suggests confrontation therapy which triggers her connection to Alessa. Based on this and the missing people she decides to go back. Heather's story intersects with other Silent Hill character stories like James (who's own story would be in a prequel movie after this movie). They eventually work together and defeat Alessa. Heather through working with the others finds she's not isolated and alone anymore.

    submitted by /u/SoyBoyBetaCuck
    [link] [comments]

    Celebrating 21 Years of SH

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 07:45 PM PST

    How are the Fatal Frame games like to a Silent Hill fan?

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 10:48 AM PST

    So I've never played any of the fatal frame games. I've been meaning to see if theyre any good and I currently have a chance to get the original three pretty cheap but I dont know… Something about them just doesnt strike as that interesting to me.

    To me, monster design and atmospheric environments are thing that are the most important to me. But I've looked videos of the original three and only fatal frame III looks interesting as I liked Silent Hill 4 a lot. Seems to have the same concept. But the enemies in fatal frames...are just ghosts...Ghosts have never been that interesting to me. The environments are gray and look the same. And stories always seem to be about curses.

    Have I just been spoiled by playing all the original Silent Hill games, Rule of rose and forbidden siren 2? Fatal frame series just doesnt seem to grab me. Could any big Silent Hill fan convince me to play them? Is there something unique about them that you cant see with a quick look?

    submitted by /u/ItsePerkele
    [link] [comments]

    Twin Soul Demo gameplay

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 11:22 AM PST

    Does SH2 Ehanced Edition supports 60 fps?

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 02:00 PM PST

    I just intalled the whole thing but then irelaized the gmae still runs at 30 locked, i assumed it would run at 60 with all the improvements they made, so does anybody knows if there is na option to run it at 60? or if there are any mods that are compatible with enhanced edition?

    submitted by /u/RedPyramid302
    [link] [comments]

    Most underrated Silent Hill levels / areas?

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 05:01 PM PST

    I'd like to hear a general consensus on this topic. Too much focus on hospitals, lol. I'll make it short:

    Underpass from SH3 - love/hate those underground hallways of cold concrete. The terrible sound from the Pendulums and the giant numb bodies stomping in the darkness makes it a very feared area of mine.

    Arthaud Theater from SH0 - Probably the most underrated level of the whole saga. Super interesting and unique place. The child mannequins make it one of the creepiest too.

    BTW, I have not played Homecoming and Downpour yet.

    submitted by /u/TyphonuZ
    [link] [comments]

    Made it through both versions of the school. Ambient music, ghost babies, split faced dog, and another world to the other world(?).

    Posted: 18 Feb 2020 09:31 PM PST

    Survival Horror in Short Skirts :: 93 Sexy Beam! | Tapas

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 12:47 PM PST

    silent hill 2 enhanced edition Without paying $200-$500 for a PC GAme on Ebay?

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 06:54 AM PST

    I like Silent Hill but If you told be there was another classic Silent Hill game I had yet to play I wouldn't pay that much for it let alone for one I already played more than once

    submitted by /u/Duckythe3rd
    [link] [comments]

    Why do y’all suppose I struggle to finish Silent Hill 2?

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 01:45 AM PST

    SH2 was the game that introduced me to the series. I played it for the first time when I was 6. And from then to about 10, I played it in really short bursts because A. I wasn't allowed to play it, so I had to be sneaky, and B. because it terrified my itty bitty child soul. Even though it scared me so much, it was something I always had a strong interest in, even as a small child who couldn't even comprehend the story.

    When I got into high school, I started playing it for real. I invested actual time into the game and got about halfway through, but just never finished it. This is what's happened every time I've picked up the game since then. I just can't seem to finish it.

    I've finished both Silent Hill 1 and 3 a few times. But why can't I finish 2? This is quite frustrating for me. I genuinely like the game and want to finish it just once! But every time I try, I just seem to run out of steam before I do.

    submitted by /u/SuzySuitcase
    [link] [comments]

    Harry loses his mind

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 04:14 AM PST

    Dahlia argues with Solid Snake

    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 04:09 AM PST

    Mr. Pyramid's official name

    Posted: 18 Feb 2020 10:22 PM PST

    I'm not 100 % sure of this, but I remember, quite a while ago and when I was younger, I used to peruse the Silent Hill Heaven forums frequently. This was when Reddit was still young and unknown to me. I remember there begin a general consensus that James' gawky stalker was officially labelled as "Red Pyramid Thing." Some people would even correct you if you called him Pyramid Head. Obviously I could not give a shit as to how anyone chooses to name him, but there was one reason that people had sourced to give him his official title. Does anyone know what it was, or what I'm talking about?

    submitted by /u/AnthonyKuiack
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment