• Breaking News

    Saturday, November 2, 2019

    Silent Hill If you want to watch a film that evokes Silent Hill's uncanny, surreal atmosphere driven by the protagonist's personal demons...

    Silent Hill If you want to watch a film that evokes Silent Hill's uncanny, surreal atmosphere driven by the protagonist's personal demons...


    If you want to watch a film that evokes Silent Hill's uncanny, surreal atmosphere driven by the protagonist's personal demons...

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 03:09 PM PDT

    Watch Nicholas Winding Refn's Fear X (2003). It's criminally unknown and in my opinion, much better than his later works: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0289944/

    submitted by /u/kristopherm3
    [link] [comments]

    Silent Hill 1 Level Viewer 2.0.2

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 06:48 PM PDT

    I definitely misunderstood this when I first scrolled past...

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 07:47 PM PDT

    A remake of Silent Hill 1 IMO would be ideal

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 07:02 PM PDT

    Silent Hills 2-4 are obviously antiquated when it comes to graphics, but the PS2/Xbox/Gamecube era still retains a nice charm when it comes to certain games - especially horror. Modern gamers still love that generation of gaming because it's the first time realistic 3D models didnt look bad. Resident Evil 4 is literally one of the most popular games of all time and outside of updating textures and minor assets, people still play the original game today. The mechanics for SH2-4 aren't egregious - especially 3. The stories, AI and mechanics are all still fun.

    But Silent Hill 1 hasn't really held up as much. There's still charm to early 3D but the cutscenes, controls and VOs really take even modern horror fans out of it. Furthermore it's much harder to find and play. I don't necessarily trust a company to make a new, solid SH title but I believe remaking SH1 could work fantastically. Like it or not, a real Silent Hill game hasn't come out in nearly a decade and arguably a good game hasn't come out in 15 years. We need to bring more younger gamers in to keep this franchise alive. And they won't be digging up PS1 discs.

    I realize Shattered Memories is kind of a reimagining but I want actual survivor horror. Until Dawn and other modern games have updated the art of fixed camera angles with a 3D camera that mimics old game styles without being as annoying. For example in old SH games the camera could be annoying in small halls. Some of that was intentional - but a lot was just limitations of early 2000 third person. But nowadays the camera can 'enter' the wall's frame and fluidly adjust to foreground obstructions. The 3D controls used by REREMAKE and Silent Hill HD would also be far better for modern audiences. I think tank controls should remain an option but my entire argument is premised around the need to bring new gamers into the franchise and pure tank controls are alien to 90% of young gamers.

    submitted by /u/theBTMANIAC90
    [link] [comments]

    is there any site in australia to get a ps2 copy of Silent Hill 2 for less than like...60 bucks?

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 07:17 PM PDT

    bit of a fluff question but the pc version is bugging and lagging on my crappy little laptop, I really like the game but I'd prefer the smoother experience of a stable og version. Plus I love ps2 games. But it's really hard to find it online (ebay, retro stores) for a reasonable price. I got mgs2 and 3 for like $25 each but sh2 goes for 50-100 dollars and it's kinda annoying me!

    any advice?

    submitted by /u/ben10jimjams
    [link] [comments]

    Playing SH4 (xbox disc) on Xbox 360 when I found some weird texture swaps that I've never seen before.

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 07:01 PM PDT

    CENTRALIA: REAL SILENT HILL

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 07:50 PM PDT

    They have Silent hill 2 & 3 HD collection on PlayStation now!

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 09:59 AM PDT

    Finally it is available for PS4! I was going to buy a ps2 all over again, I know it's not perfect as they took away some fog and changed the voice acting for sh3, but still awesome games I can play on PS4. Good day everyone

    submitted by /u/MakingitHappen1986
    [link] [comments]

    Stumbled Upon

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 07:49 AM PDT

    I was looking for P.T. Gameplay cause I wanted to relive the experience but then I stumbled upon this. i'm a sucker for good editing and I wanted to share this.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48bel2TBQKU

    submitted by /u/_Arutea
    [link] [comments]

    Mary's Letter (Director's Cut)

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 05:58 AM PDT

    What makes Silent Hill so unique ? (SURVEY, will share result in 48h)

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 05:26 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment