• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 16, 2020

    Silent Hill This isn't good.

    Silent Hill This isn't good.


    This isn't good.

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 09:48 AM PDT

    I bought the og game. I can now die happy.

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 12:22 PM PDT

    started browsing through my old art work on instagram and wanted to share this with y'all

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 05:58 PM PDT

    HD Collection on sale for Xbox One

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 07:25 AM PDT

    I love playing silent hill in this weather.

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 06:26 PM PDT

    Official shirts are so difficult to find :(

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 07:07 PM PDT

    Especially for anything less than 100s of dollars.

    I found 2 offically licensed shirts that are reasonably priced at $24 (usd) but don't really care them tbh. :\

    I'm debating getting something off of Redbubble or Teepublic but it's just not the same.

    submitted by /u/WaysideFurnace
    [link] [comments]

    One of my favorite covers of all time. Sharing for the uninitiated. Enjoy!

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 08:36 AM PDT

    Which silent hill games should be avoided?

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 03:19 PM PDT

    I've only ever played 1-4. It's been years so don't remember much. Planning on playing them again. Was thinking I might play the other games too, any of them really awful? I know homecoming was supposed to be the worst one in the series, any others besides that one?

    submitted by /u/TomGun_1994
    [link] [comments]

    I love Silent Hill, but I can't bring myself to play the games!

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 12:32 PM PDT

    I've been obsessed with Silent Hill since I beat the first one as a teenager with my brother. I listen to Silent Hill ambience soundtracks almost daily, to help me sleep, and sometimes just when laying and looking out the window when I'm depressed. My brother has since passed away and I feel like the music from the games kind of reminds me of the bittersweetness of the moments we shared playing this game. It's sad, but comforting in a weird way.

    Since then I've watched long plays of the game, I've watched the first movie, my favorite movie ever, hundreds of times. Sometimes on repeat, which is admittedly very odd.

    Anyway, the games really just scare the shit out of me and without my brother to encourage me to keep going, I just can't play them! I feel like I'm the only one who loves this game in a "cinematic/aesthetic" kind of way without actually playing them myself.

    Is anyone else in this same boat? I feel like we're all linked by our appreciation of the game so how that appreciation manifests seems almost irrelevant, but as far as video game fandoms go, it's odd to be a fan of games one has never played

    submitted by /u/Zettian_Mage
    [link] [comments]

    Even though it's not Silent Hill, I hope The Medium will have everything scary all the time if not more.

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 06:33 PM PDT

    I watched the Trailer Reactions and this is having the kind of terror I want, I want this to keep pushing to scare me because I've seen so many terrible things, I won't go into a life story but that the start of my trainwreck that is my life was seeing conflict with Dad and Mom before their divorce when I was 4 then my life kept being full of bad Years, anything bad is familiar to me and constantly going through disasters, nightmares, things like that make me harder to scare so you can understand now why I want more scary things, I need an extremely high amount of terror to get me so this game looks like what I want but I watched Go Home gameplay today and that was the perfect one I need to experience, it is the perfect example of the game I'm looking for and want that kind of terrors in The Medium, it might not be able replicate that but I just want the game to work like an actual Nightmare World where that evil place changes randomly but won't lose the terror, puzzles to actually work in a Nightmare where you can't waste time and must get to the location quick before the environment blocks off or makes it useless, just anything like what you see but of course I'm fine with the main character's powers do what it has to but if this will be taking place in a Nightmare World, it should still try to stop her the same as a Nightmare and not make her OP as she can't be stopped from anything because that would ruin the game for me and this is 2020, games are supposed to feel real and the new Engine clearly appears like it will be capable of that potential so as long as she isn't too powerful especially with a limit her powers have, I'll be happy but I don't want the case with The Evil Within 2, it began at a good start feeling terrifying then Sebastian escaped the Hotel and they just had to make it safe and normal which time between the Mission from that time to the Missions where Stefano's presence appeared in the recreated city, that just removed any terror and I've played Dead Island among other Zombie games so I'm already desensitized to those type of creatures and seeing more appear is just a threat I've already faced in the past, I know how scary they can be and can deal with them better in real life.

    submitted by /u/WildSangrita
    [link] [comments]

    Was Gravity Falls inspired by Silent Hill?

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 05:48 PM PDT

    I mean, it has a similar concept to Silent Hill, but without the gore and the symbolism of Silent Hill.

    submitted by /u/Aramis_Rupan_IV
    [link] [comments]

    Best silent hill level and why

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 06:40 AM PDT

    For me it's the woodside/ blue creek apartments.

    2 was my first SH game. Traveling and exploring the town of silent hill was sort of relaxing and just a slight feeling of 'something's wrong here'.

    Next enter the apartments. it's dark as hell and seeming abandoned and the first in view is the stairs and the door to the garden. It was instantly unsettling. Also for the fact you don't have your flashlight before a bit of exploring doesn't help. You progress a little and move up some stairs, hear some boss fight like sound effects in the hallways. Suddenly PH appears behind the bars on the hallway. Eventually you get the 'fire escape key'. I thought instantly ''good i can gtf out of here''. nope you now enter blue creek. next up balcony in sight with some daylight. nope it's the PH boss fight.

    The intro of the game, from traveling into town with a sense of freedom with no real threat into the apartments that constantly messed up my expectations of the game made me really like 2.

    Whereas SH3 throws you straight into heather's nightmare, for example.

    If i'd had to choose a best one i'd be very hard but the apartments left the most impression on me.

    submitted by /u/rgoede098
    [link] [comments]

    Making a silent hill-esque CYOA (Create-Your-Own-Adventure) and need testers

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 07:08 AM PDT

    Help! The hotel in Silent Hill 2 won't load for the PC enhanced edition.

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 07:27 PM PDT

    I've checked the files and they are all matching. After I watch the tape, I try and exit the room, but get stuck at a black screen and am forced to force the game closed. It hasn't happened til this part so I'm not sure whats wrong. Please help!

    submitted by /u/thedaikuri
    [link] [comments]

    Silent hill DBD chapter be like

    Posted: 15 Aug 2020 09:50 PM PDT

    Introducing my friend

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 04:34 PM PDT

    I want to get my friend into silent hill, but he has an xbox one. The HD Collection is on sale right now but I know the Silent Hill 2 on there is god awful. What should I do? Is silent hill 3 just as bad on the collection?

    submitted by /u/Tornopenbutwhole
    [link] [comments]

    FROM THE LOST DAYS Opening sequence, first episode of an independent Silent Hill series.

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 03:39 AM PDT

    Installing SH2 through Abandonware sand physiscal disks

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 02:39 PM PDT

    I'm gonna preface this by saying I am pretty clueless when it comes to PC file management and PC gaming. I made a post earlier about playing SH2 on the PC as it's my only way to play it now (without dumping a hundred dollars for a console copy).

    Today I downloaded the files located in abandonware and managed to install the game as per the instructions.

    I even downloaded WinCDEmu for the disk files.

    I'm still getting the same prompt "install Disk 1" when trying to launch the game.

    I also read that replacing the "sh2pc" filed from the Local Disk with the one in Crack should help, but Im not able to do that either.

    Im pretty sure I have all the tools I need, I think I'm missing something...

    If anyone has the patience for a PC novice, I would be infinitely grateful, as this game is a very special game to me.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/AmuroAngel
    [link] [comments]

    Homecoming sound fix

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 02:31 PM PDT

    Im playing the pc version of Homecoming and the sound is completely messed up i hear audio from my right ear then my left and it really is distracting anyone got any solutions?

    submitted by /u/SquibbleReddit
    [link] [comments]

    A Quiet Memory - SH2 inspired Song/Soundscape

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 02:15 PM PDT

    https://youtu.be/8CjZN6vHJfg

    Let me know what you think.

    submitted by /u/Lastie716
    [link] [comments]

    2 scary 4 me

    Posted: 15 Aug 2020 10:44 PM PDT

    (SH2) Ok y'all I literally cried when I heard that screech, baby/rat sound file going down to the Brookhaven Hospital's Basement's-Basement just before you reunite with Maria.

    HOW DO YOU PEOPLE PLAY THIS GAME WITHOUT YOUR CHEST IMPLODING FROM THE SENSE OF INPEMDING DOOM AND UNFAMILIARITY?????

    I'm absolutely obsessed with Silent Hill but my god. I just can't take it, I'm a wuss ._.

    EDIT*** I beat it for the first time and am very proud to say I got the Leave ending 😊

    submitted by /u/Krahmiin
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment